Thursday, March 22, 2012

Last Forty Years of Your Life

http://amritzer.blogspot.com/2012/03/so-everything-didnt-quite-turn-out-way.htmlI love this sentiment. It is mine, exactly. I plan on living and doing exciting adventures for the rest of my life. Mine aren't as thrilling as Johannes' but I believe we need to have that spirit living inside us. My ninety four year old patient has the best saying, "I'm gonna live until I die."
I have so many books to write, research to do, stories to hear. I observe people and wonder how I can fit them into a story, how would I write about them. I adore the stories I hear.
I love the promise of Job, too, that Johannes references. Notice Job prayed for his friends and then was blessed. I've addressed this before but life is blessed when we give. When we think of others, wishing the best for them, it comes back around to us. God honors our selflessness.
Retirement in quite a few years, I pray, will still be giving to people. I want to pour into fresh faced writers. I want to encourage. I want to be in the mission field, wherever that may be. I want to be like Caleb in Joshua 14:10-11 when he demanded the land he saw when he was forty and a spy. He proclaimed,"I'm eighty five and as strong now as when I was forty." He was, too, as he battled for Israel.
What do you think? How do you want to live? Start it now.

No comments: