Thursday, March 15, 2012

Down Time

I have been overwhelmed, tapped the last few days. Too many personal ideas that I don't want to post here. And because I have been dwelling on these, new ideas skirt away. Psalm 121 comes to my mind:
1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
 2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
 3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
 4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
 5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
 6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
 7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
 8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Sometimes the King James fits the bill- poetically.
Readers pray for me. I know this is a temporary trial. They all are in light of eternity. We still need to hold each other up, though. "Never promised it would be an easy ride."- Audio Adrenalin, 'My Chevette,' great theological song.
Reading the Bible, having it in my memory, as well as the thousands of songs I have learned over the years are such comfort. I always think how when my mom, sick in bed, couldn't read, she could remember scripture. Psalm 121 was one of our favorites. I encourage you today, to get into the Bible, read, memorize a meaningful verse. The Lord meets you in His Word. Take heart, my friend- Fernando Ortega, clear voice of old hymns.  

No comments: