Monday, December 31, 2012

My Picture for 2013

This is my picture for 2013, a lion in winter. The sculpture, only done in November, is new at Buhl Farm Park. I saw it last Sunday on a sunny afternoon walk. I found it slightly stylistic, but still conventional.
So why a lion in winter? Lions represent courage. Jesus is the Lion of Judah. And of course, my last name for thirty and a half years is Lyon. Lions are also often in family crests. Scottish have the roaring lion.
As this past year, I have learned to yield more to Jesus, this year, I need courage to follow Jesus. Courage to listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Courage to write what is true. Courage to follow my dreams.
I want to be bolder. I desire to be open to people talking; ready to pray and expect miracles. I was not given a spirit of fear; this year I will live that way.

4 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

I love it!

Miss Mollie's Musings said...

Aw,you are so sweet! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Great post!
I hope you have many blessings in the new year.

Miss Mollie's Musings said...

Thank you, btflmonotony, I read your post and I couldn't comment on it. But I loved it- Have a great year, writing and Breathing!