Thursday, February 28, 2013

Will You Join Me in Praying?

I do ask you to read my posts from last year on Prayer: http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/womens-world-day-of-prayer.html http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/prayer-movement-in-harem.html,http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/mothers-prayer-movement.html,http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/persistent-widow-prayer.html, http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/pray-not-fear.html.
Prayer holds an important place in my heart. God finds it important to hear from us. He has granted us the privilege to enter His throne room- Hebrews 4:16, because of the blood shed by Jesus on the cross, we are made righteous. Communion with His people is a great desire of the Creator of the Universe.
Power comes from corporate prayer, people praying together. Jesus said, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in My name, there I am with them." Matthew 18: 19-20. We enjoy a sacred fellowship, also when we pray together.
I have been praying on Monday evenings with three other women of like spirit since this summer. We gather in the sanctuary for some of the sweetest times I know. I call this group, Ladies Prayer for Revival or L.P.R. Our main purpose is to see revival break out in our church, in the Valley's churches, in the nation's churches and in the Church Universal. We pray for almost every aspect of our church to draw closer to God.
I have felt power in praying together. I have experienced a hush filling the darkened room. Peace overflows more than ever in me. I look forward to those times of prayer on Monday nights.
Our pastor has not missed the impact of these prayers. He has asked me to organize prayer partners at our church. I read the book, Partners in Prayer, by John Maxwell. I had read it years ago, so this was a refresher. What are benefits of having a team pray for the pastor?
1. It makes prayer a top priority in the church.
2. It creates a farm team for spiritual leaders.
3. It enhances the leader's personal ministry.
4. It blesses the prayer partners.
5. It creates an atmosphere where God can work.
A prayer team symbolizes the power working behind the scenes. The invisible power of the Holy Spirit winding His way through the congregation, settling distracted minds and crying babies; convicting listeners to the Truth by opening eyes to Heaven and Jesus. "When we work, we work; but when we pray, God works." Max Lucado.
I'm asking you for prayer as I organize this renewed venture. I pray for greater days than before. I pray for a like mind and spirit in the partners.
I had a dream over the weekend of auditoriums filled and throughout the sunny halls, groups of people praying. People of all ages were hearing the Word of God and worshiping Him. We need renewal in this country, as they called it before, Great Awakening.
Why God uses our prayers, I do not know. I know He does. Great and mighty adventures are promised with prayer, when we partner with Jesus to ready His Bride. Will you join me in praying?

No comments: