Thursday, February 21, 2013

What? Me Worry?

Well, I haven't meant to take a break, but as happens, life stressors crowd into the creative process. I hardly took time to write in my own journal. I'm caught up with Senior Independence work and now I'm closing the door on a place I have worked at off and on for twelve years. I'm opening a new door to a life of peace.
I won't miss the on call. I will miss a little of the driving, but with gas prices climbing, I don't want to do that every day. And a lot of the documentation I won't miss.
I love gathering the stories, but I'm could hang out at the new general stores- Panera and McDonald's to hear the old timers' stories. I'd sit and listen. I loved in one picture I saw they called themselves "Stove Hounds" in 1918. Sounds like a great title to me.
I feel free. Katie remarked I had that "I quit my job" giggle. I am anticipating new opportunities and am not worried.  As another friend encouraged me, when grace leaves, then it is time to leave that place. Grace left years ago and I didn't like the temper uncovered. I didn't feel the strong push till today, but I knew I had to leave.
Novels in the fires, almost bronzed, if I spend some more time on them. My love is writing. The nursing became a job to put food on the table and gas in the car. So if I stay in nursing, I think a job right now with less driving could help with bacon.

No comments: