Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Picture for 2014

Abundance



I could not wait to post my picture of the year. I will be explaining this more in depth the next few days. I was thinking on my walks with the finer weather last month about my picture of the year. The word came softly to me- Abundance.
Yes, I answered, Abundance. I'm tired of living with a pauper spirit. Bible verses confirmed the word as I read. A dream of me as a wet nurse with more than ample milk sealed my word for the year. Now, to find the proper picture. I wanted it to be one I took. I feel this one speaks of the abundance of spring spilling over to summer. Those days that never seem to end when supple green plants reach their promise. Wall to wall blue of deep hue providing abundant sunshine keeps us active.
I look forward to abundance this year. I do not want to cry, "I don't have enough- sleep, time, patience, money, ability or forgiveness." I renounce the pauper spirit. If my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory, I think He will give me a side of beef (figuratively or maybe literally.)
After this word came into focus for 2014, I read these quotes:

Luke 12:15 Real life is not measured by how much we own.

From Beautiful Outlaw, "Sadly, for many people, the Christ they know is too religious to love, too distant to experience, and too rigid to be a source of life. It explains the abject poverty of the church."

John 10:10, I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.

From C.S. Lewis' Perelandra, "We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is in waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking," the Lord of Venus states.

In light of yesterday's post, I must say I need abundance in forgiveness most in these early hours. I anticipate a year different than many of the last years. I believe God is waiting to pour out His blessings on us all. Abundance of lush green and bumper crops, of growth and love waits on the threshold of 2014. Maybe as I wrote before, we have to let His love open the door.

No comments: