Saturday, January 4, 2014

Required Goal Setting

Yesterday was about inspiration to dream. This is the new year and what is the new year without plans, definite goals? So I dreamed yesterday with the idea of plotting my writing garden, but what am I going to do in 2014? I have been thinking about that as well.
One is hire an editor for Main Street. That is in the works for this coming week. Two is talk to different design artists about the cover. I have an idea that I don't think is that outrageous, my vision as it were and I need to do some research. So for the month of January, I plan on self publishing this novel.
Day to day, I will continue to post on my blog most days. That is something I try to keep consistently. I also need to carve out time to definitely write on my novel I started in November, Last Free Exit. I hope to publish this by the deadline set up by NaNoWriMo winners circle for the freebies, unlike last year when I missed the deadline. I will say here, an hour, since I am mostly now rereading and revising a bit, I won't say a word count.
Then I must return to Country, the novel searching for a plot. I have it now, I think. More rides and time in Fowler, Ohio and surrounding flat land of Trumbull County to whet my imagination. I will strive to publish it by the end of the year.
Reading, as always will take a chunk of my time. I must read to sharpen my mind and skills. The important thing to me is to keep writing. I have to write every day, even if it is just e-mail to my friends.
Another sunny day in Western Pennsylvania lends itself to my planning. I don't mind the frigid cold because sunlight is abundant. I thought how if my books are made into movies, they would use Vancouver, as it is the new film mecca. I tend to think in the 1960's at times with stories. Yet, I am really glad to be living when I am. The typewriter and I had many fights. Thoughts could not flow as I made many mistakes on the keyboard. I am blessed to have my laptop.
Well on to implementing plans. Hurrah!

No comments: