Monday, January 20, 2014

Women's Looks- Part Two


I didn't remark earlier on the Miley Cyrus performance on the MTV music awards with Robin Thicke. My reaction at that time was this is what those women, Gloria, Betty, Pasty fought for back in the 1960's and 1970's? You've come a long way, baby.

Girls are trying to get attention. They use what they have. Singing and talent need boosted by cone bras like Madonna many years ago. So as Solomon wrote even longer ago, "there is nothing new under the sun."
My heart does sink with the girls in rock today, not only for the whole morality issue, but that they feel they have to resort to shock for attention. I'm not per se a woman's libber, nor do I agree with everything these women before espoused. I do not think this is what women of that leadership envisioned for the forty year future.
So how do you see it? Have we come a long way, baby? Or are we still in sexual bondage?

No comments: