Thursday, June 6, 2013

Notice

I don't know how to unfollow any blogs, but for your information, I will not be reading "Lost Daughters" any more due to their narrowness of opinions. Seems to be the way of the cyber world now. Only "MY" opinion counts, there is no openness of ideas. This trend may also be a product of the "ME" Generation. I prefer to be positive and if that is a problem, you may chose to not read me, either.
As Dad said in Prize Winner of Deliverance, Ohio, "You know what your problem is Mother, you're too damn happy."  I want that said of me. Well, in fact, one of the residents told the aid and me that, the other day. Yes, I want to be too damn happy.
I hope to uplift people. I want to encourage struggling ones. I have the listening ear. People have told me their troubles since my junior year of nursing school- thirty two years of, as Fraiser said, "I'm listening." In fact, I never even have to say that. Strangers will approach me to tell me their problems. I see this as a privilege to share the hope of Jesus. As Peter wrote in the Bible:

1 Peter 3:15

New International Version (NIV)
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

So I strive to be gentle and respectful. I only request that from other Christians, whom I hope have read the epistles of Peter. I'm saddened when I experience this not happening. I expect to be ridiculed  from the world. Maybe I am being the ostrich with my head buried in the sand, but I will not read blogs that are not opened to opinions.
 

No comments: