Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Teddy's Law Tuesday

I don't have an inspiration to write today. I still want to bring attention to the need for awareness and supporting laws to strengthen authorities faced with finding and helping abused children. Teddy's Law is in Ohio. Teddy's mom removed him from two school districts to hide the abuse. Part of this law is to make that harder to do.
I am torn a bit with parents' rights as well to educate their children as they see fit. I suggest we pray for wisdom for our authorities, those making laws, those enforcing laws and those working with children. Truly insight and wisdom are called for with our children.
Look into laws in your own states and countries. Become active in supporting them. Donate money to these causes. I am donating to Teddy's cause because the case hit my heart from the moment I heard about it. Pray that my writing will shed light on child abuse. Country that I'm working on after NaNoWriMo novel this month, is shaping up to open eyes to abuse.
We cannot forget the children. So I will write something every Tuesday for Teddy's memory and for all the children being abused. Keep your eyes opened.

No comments: