Friday, January 27, 2012

Aw, Friday

www.marydemuth.com- The Shocking Thing I Learned about Last Year- post, really touched my heart this morning. After my post last evening, this fit the bill. How we need to rest in Jesus. His ways are so much higher than ours. I really appreciate Mary. I blogged about her before.(August 12, 2011) I get her e-zine and she always has a prayer for her readers. "May I pray for you?"
What a simple question that opens hearts. As the old saying goes, I don't care how much you know until I know how much you care. I feel that question is not offensive and I wish I asked it more often, and then prayed right there on the spot. It's part of that giving back I talked about yesterday.
I am so glad it is Friday. Every day I put more than one hundred miles on the car. I'm thankful that they provide the car. And I am still grateful I have a Volks Wagen bug. It does well in the snow. When I think how I always got stuck in driveways in Mercer and the streets in Sharon, I am pleased I'm a better driver than fifteen to nineteen years ago. After never getting into trouble during last year's winter, I got mired in mud at a patient's home in the spring. I think her spirit boy, Pete, who lived in the oak tree in her yard was behind it all. At least she claimed Pete hid things and was mischievous. My job can be quite interesting.
Weekend, time to relax and recharge. I need it every week it seems. I'm almost regenerated on Friday evening this week. I love how God answers prayers in sneaky ways, like blogs, e-mails, messages, radio and in a still quiet voice.
This weekend my church is having a special speaker on healing. I'm expecting awesome things. I hear an abundance of rain. Interesting Mary's picture for the year is a branch of lilac blossoms, symbolizing abundance. Hold on through the winter and don't let the Petes get you down.

No comments: