Monday, April 15, 2013

Lost Weekend

Something hit me Friday and kept me in its grip all weekend. One bright side of working afternoons, I don't have a Monday morning to dread. I spent twenty four hours on our living room couch. I would get up feeling my feet were planted on the road to recovery, only to feel the ground sway in  about twenty minutes with queasiness.
I felt bad Saturday night, as just my back hurt and I couldn't relax. I tossed and turned, knowing I was probably disturbing my husband, so Sunday night, I remained on the couch. This morning, I crawled into bed by myself for the needed REM sleep I didn't get on the couch.
So many plans and I watched them delayed on the couch. I must return to the new job this afternoon, in less than an hour. I'm OK. Unless, I throw up, I don't have time to feel sick.
So I will get back on track about my government trips. I had fun looking up the old places. Interesting I think I wanted to be a Murphy Brown. I really am glad for the choices I made. I wasn't made to be a Murphy Brown. I am too rooted in family and marriage in my family to be the single working mother. And with the alcohol Murphy drank, was she happy? Is anyone really happy without Jesus?

No comments: