Thursday, March 13, 2014

Joy in the Midst

I had a good day writing yesterday. It brings such joy when the ideas meld together and the little seed I had is aided by the time it takes to think on the story. I had scattered scenes, unable to bring them together the way I felt confidently about. Yesterday, they joined together, making sense to me.
The words flew and I know I will have editing. I will have mucho editing. But joy, oh the joy, when something that has been germinating in my mind, but sometimes, like even today, I have little time to focus and fancy, finds root.
Today, a meeting at two before work, delays writing on the novel. We won't mention the aching back that kept me from moving from the tiredness of having only one day off a week. I'll write more the next time about reading author interviews.

No comments: