Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Singing Over Me

What can I write that would be uplifting today? Sometimes when I'm stumped like this and wander around with the words, I touch more people than when I have planned something all day and can't wait to get home and write.
I've been thinking of the yoke I wrote about at the beginning of the year. Are my shoulders any lighter from taking the yoke of Jesus on me? Have I done that? I'm still learning to yield to Jesus.
OK, before anyone thinks I'm crazy, I heard God singing over me this morning. What does that mean? I wake with a song in my head. Zephaniah 3:17(in the Old Testament) declares the Lord sings over me and you.
I thought of my bills and those coming due. Jehovah Jirah played quietly in the background. That means the Lord will provide. No, this is not like a genie in a bottle. Sometimes, we have to struggle. Sometimes, we just make bad choices and live with them. But we are not to worry. We are to plan, but do not worry. It can't add one year to a life.
I'm planning and grateful for my job that is now providing me with full hours. I will still honor God with my first fruits. I will trust in the Lord, for I can hear Him singing over me. I trusted Him, even when I didn't hear a song.

2 comments:

Anita @ Dreaming Beneath the Spires said...

Yes, don't worry, Miss Mollie. Hear the singing. The bills will get paid; don't worry about them. I am thankful for you that you have a full time job to help pay them.

Miss Mollie's Musings said...

Thank you, Anita.