Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Clouds

This post is from three years ago. Still we say, "Perhaps today."
 Yes, this whole Rapture talk had me looking to the clouds often the last few days. Yet, I love clouds and look to the sky often. The majestic towers of those white puffiness fascinate me. Nothing is better than as a child laying back on the soft grass and gazing at those formations and making up stories.
So this ties in with the travel stories. The best cloud watching I ever did was in Missouri. Dad found a campground, we had made and ate supper, the redding up was done(I've been longing to use redding up). Mom and I sat at the picnic table naming all the numerous characters in the clouds. They just seemed to roll past us, waiting for our story about each one, then another would come along. The colors, and shapes were so vivid. The evening delightful.
Years later in a card, my mother wrote about this evening, "Remember those clouds in Missouri?" Such a bonding evening that the memory lasted for years.

No comments: