Friday, August 30, 2013

Little More Southside

A couple from Ontario, Canada traipsed to Warren, Ohio last week for the concert at the Amp. They had VIP seats and the wife video taped much of the acts. The quality is above the Warren Tribune's video effort. I can watch again from front row seats, remembering my night under the stars with the one I love. Don't be surprised if something like this will be in my next summer novel, I'm writing for NaNoWriMo in November.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQJ4jjwZP5k Moved by the saxophone deep in my heart on this song. Songs of lost love and getting back together make Johnny seem vulnerable. I love the idea of courting in the songs, the man going to the house, meeting under the street lights. An air of long ago filters through the songs, when love could be a challenge. The point of poignant love doesn't need bumping and grinding.
Even "All Night Long," had no gutter about it. The band living love of music. We knew how to use those long intervals of instrumentals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdDZ41RxG2M
This is a shout out to that couple for posting this video's. Maybe they'll be in the next book. I won't know until November.

No comments: