Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do It All for Him

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Summer+Triangle+by+Mollie+Lyon&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ASummer+Triangle+by+Mollie+Lyon
This is all a little surreal to me. I have a book on Amazon and I'm promoting it. If you order in the next 20 minutes now, you can get it tomorrow. Save sixty five cents off list price. And if your order is over twenty five dollars, you can get free shipping. So order two. They make great Christmas gifts.
I write the above with a bit of tongue in cheek, but smile on my face. I dream of writing full time, which includes marketing. My dream of my first book out on Amazon, self published, is realized. I don't feel it is happening. No fan fare, no streamers, no phone calls.
Well, I did speak to my sister today, which is great. I spoke to the National Bible Quiz coordinator, but my novel didn't come up in the conversation, although the daughter is a Bible quote champion in Summer Triangle. In less than an hour, I will be getting report on twenty seven souls that I will do treatments and pass medications. I will be Mollie, nurse, writer in disguise. I sat at Sheetz this morning while the rain poured through the lime green canopy with holes, relishing a made to order pulled pork sandwich with a carmel/hazelnut frozen latte, loving life. The rain refreshed and woke me.
I can hold my head up, no matter what I do. I am a child of God on His assignment where ever that takes me. I only have to remember to acknowledge Him in all I do. So consumer, nurse, Bible quiz coach, writer or published author, I do it all for the Lord.


No comments: