Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Oxygen Tubing

I have signed on to NaNoWriMo again this year. I have a different strategy this year. No historical facts or farming facts to trip me up and slow me down. This will be writing with pure abandon, a modern day story. I don't have to worry what they called baby horses in 1918- foals, colts, fillies? Babies?
I love writing a novel with research but for the speed of NaNoWriMo, I need a clear, no strings story, especially this year. I'm so looking forward to writing fiction. Fiction allows no filters. Fiction can be flowery or to the point. Will my style be old fashioned or Hemmingway journalistic?  I do love it all.
Get to the point story telling and lost in description settings. Turn a phrase to make you read it twice.
November will be the rough draft, the-puke-it-out-on-to-the-screen edition. No worries about inconsistencies, I'll work on that later.
November is a tough month for sitting and writing. We usually get busy at work, as people leave skilled nursing facilities for Thanksgiving. And Christmas preparations creep into the landscape. But, oh, I greatly look forward to producing a story again. I have let the one I started last November sit in my laptop. I know where I'm going with it, yet, I lost the steam. My plan is to finish it before November. I will.
Life is growing in me as I plan this writing month. Energy swells. Writing is my passion. I'll probably still post on my blog, too. Because you readers are my oxygen tubing.

1 comment:

Miss Mollie's Musings said...

Listening to the Summit Public radio station for creative phrases. Ready to write,"Summer Triangle" wish it were summer!