Saturday, June 2, 2012

Renewed Strength

Yesterday morning, I felt my dreams revived. My goals fleshed out clearly. They bobbed on the horizon. Plans flooded into my mind. I can do this, I've been renewed.
A vivid ending for the novel I started in November with NaNoWriMo, settled in my mind as I traveled north on Route 7, the day before. I loved my ideas for Gables and Gingerbread Stories, "Main Street" has been done for two years. "Country" I started well, but wondered where it would go. The map fell in place. I need to follow it now. "Cross Roads" has been in the back of my mind for a while, waiting to enter the laptop page.
I'm actively looking for a writer's conference to attend. I was crushed this winter when vacation for St. David's Writer's Conference nearby at Grove City College was denied due to another nurse getting her request in sooner. I had planned on attending the whole session, not just one day like last year. This conference welcomed me warmly and freely. I felt so blessed to be a part of it for one day. My desire was to be part of the whole conference this year. At this point, I think a fall one will fit into work and my life. Except, I may have to miss one of the last football games with my senior year daughter as the drum major.
I'm learning more each day to accept the flow of life coming from God. I'll row, view the chart, study the course, but not be depressed by the snags in the river. I'll trust God through the rapids, and the doldrums.
Not only my writing dreams have been refreshed, but spiritual goals as well. Visions for my home Bible study women to pray for revival on prayer walks and fellowship live in my mind. I'm running with these ideas. I have renewed hope for this summer and changes.
I knew the dream had never died, but a refreshing played around in the shadows. I faintly saw the ember of life. Hope did not abandon me. Relying on God's timing is the only way to live and dream.

No comments: