Thursday, October 16, 2014

Seven Day Thankfulness Challenge

As you will read, I was challenged, last week, to a Seven Day Thankfulness Challenge by my old Rainbow Girl friend in high school, Marilyn Krichko, in the italics here:
Day 4: I am thankful for this day and all the good things that come with it. When I look back at my life, and the times my life has been spared, I realize that we are all here for a reason. Every new day gives us the opportunity to impact someone's life in a positive way. Some days we have more impact than others and I thank God that each day brings new opportunity to try it again and again. I challenge my wonderful friend Mollie Lyon to the 7 day thankfulness challenge . Mollie is one of the sweetest people I have ever known and a true friend.
I wanted to share this all together as we look toward November. Gratitude sure sets the mind in the right place. My response to the challenge:
My friend Marilyn Krichko invited me to the 7 day thankfulness challenge. I think this came just when I needed it, so Day 1: I thank God for sending His son, Jesus to die for my sins and for sending the Holy Spirit to fill me so I can be the sweet person Marilyn knows. Some days, it is only through His strength that I can be who He has called me to be.
I challenge Mary Ellen Lyon to the 7 day thankfulness challenge, only because you'll soon be on break.

 Day 2 of thankfulness challenge: the written word, the highest being the Bible and how God speaks through it every day to me.
I challenge Katie Lyon to 7 days of thankfulness, if she is ever on facebook.

Day 3 of thankfulness challenge: I'm thankful today for family, where I came from and where I am going. Great brunch with my main four today that we haven't had all at one time in a long time. I challenge Diane Galicia.

Day 5 of thankfulness challenge, early again, because I have to get up to meet old friends at the Diner for breakfast and meet a new friend: I am thankful today for old and new friends, like the old Brownie song, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the others gold." I challenge my niece, Michelle Nealy to the 7 day thankfulness challenge.


Day 6 of thankfulness challenge: I'm thankful for a creative God who gives each of His children a different ounce of creativeness and Who also had a lot of fun creating this world, as Tony Campolo illustrated with his idea of God creating daisies- "Oo, again." I challenge Bonnie Fitzgerald Smith to the 7 day thankfulness challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9xdDNX_hk

 So this is day 7 of my 7 day thankfulness challenge and it's not that I can't think of anything to be thankful for, no, not at all, but to wrap it up with a profound thought is daunting. So today, what am I thankful for? This is not an end all. In fact, I look forward to November with thankfulness and reading Philippians every day, my habit for years now. I have been thankful for my Creator, His Son and Holy Spirit, His Word and how I hear Him speak through it. I love my family and friends, the companionship and history. I am thankful for creativity. So today, I am thankful for the technology that has enabled me to improve my writing and to communicate better to more people than I ever thought possible even five years ago- who had ever heard of a blog? Well, maybe ten years ago. Twelve years ago, I disciplined myself to write every day in a journal, if I were going to really be a writer. Then about three years ago I read Jeff Goins who challenge to not say, "going to be a writer," but "I am a writer." Now with a blog and two books published that journey is under way and I am thankful to be doing what God had planned for me. I am thankful, too, for Marilyn Krichko challenging me to this when I felt a little bit down. Thankfulness needs to be bottled as a medicine for what ails you. I challenge Dana F. Schroyer to the 7 day thankfulness challenge.

No comments: