Thursday, March 21, 2013

Waiting for May

I'm in one of those places where I don't know what to do or eat or drink to feel better. My head feels a little hazy. My body is not so much on fire, but a slow burn, as if I just came in from the cold. I tried the nap, and still feel irritated.
I'm sure I'm tired. Adjusting to a new schedule and standing more at my new job. Stress, in a good way, learning a new routine, which is never really the case with health care.
The cold weather and continued snow flurries speeding past my window mock the later sunset. The wind is hard and bitter. I don't want to be out in it. My dog's black blanket becomes spotted white  from being outside.
Spring lingers, even though the calender declares it is here. People complain, but really this is always typical in western Pennsylvania. My mother always thought the neighbors returned too early from Florida at the beginning of April. She would have waited till May. Ah, May. I'm waiting for May.

No comments: