Saturday, March 30, 2013

Are You Ready?

I have  been writing too much on face book and I really don't want to post on the blog about the same sex marriage debate. I made the point that Jesus predicted when we stood for Him and the Bible, we would be hated. I am not surprised at the disdain aimed at me because I stand for the only way marriage is to be, one man and one woman. The opposition wants to hammer Christians down. I'm afraid it will effect our freedom, only because they have equated it with civil rights. Silence is what the gay agenda wants and there is little respect for differing ideas. I am sad at how America loses her freedoms.
Then I am buoyed by reports in Detroit, Michigan, Hershey, PA and Burlington, MA of God moving. They all report it is different, stronger, more far reaching than before. I was almost to the point of tears. Four ladies have prayed almost every Monday night for revival in our church, the Valley's churches and our land. We humbly pray. We love our church and our country. We want a move of God.
I feel we are praying in God's will. Over and over again, I read in the Bible, He doesn't want any to perish. Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel? Ezekiel 33:11. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9.
Those verses span the Old and New Testaments, so for those who say the God of the Old Testament is different than in the New Testament are wrong. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8. God is patient. He gave Noah one hundred fifty years to evangelize while he built the ark. People obviously didn't listen, because only he and his family were saved. I can't even imagine the sorrow in Noah's heart.
I also think of Paul, who would have given up his salvation if his Jewish brothers could be saved. A person has to make that decision on his own. We can't write in their vote. We can't change them. But we pray for the Holy Spirit to move. We pray our words, filled with love, are from God. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would give us words when we are dragged into court or have to give a testimony.
I don't want to be one of those perceived to be a "Zap 'em, God" persons. I do love people. I know I can't argue anyone into Heaven. I also feel I need to remain true to the Bible, because I do love people. I encourage other Christians. I hope a grain of truth will help.
I know the love of people is why I feel so passionate on many subjects. I desire all to follow Jesus and the Bible. I suppose I get most disturbed by Christians compromising and not just on the gay agenda. There is abortion and divorce in the Church that are also subjects close to my heart. I am seeing more and more children affected by divorce in the Church. They're with Daddy one Sunday and Mommy the next. And sometimes Mommy has gone through a few boyfriends in less than a year. That is very damaging to the children, I think.
We need commitment to God, first, then our spouses and our families. It is also easy for church goers to flit from one church to the other. The Bible talked about this, too: For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3.
So much does not surprise me as I keep reading the Bible. I am amazed at how true it is as I observe the world today. I cannot emphasize enough, how Christ followers need to be in the Word. And in prayer. Put on the armor of God. We are in a battle, but souls are waiting to know Jesus, they just don't know it, yet. Get ready, fellow Christians to introduce them to Jesus. The Holy Spirit will bring them to you.

No comments: