Thursday, December 25, 2014

Dawns Christmas

I wrote this poem last year.  I am sitting at Jesus feet. In a way, for myself, this Christmas is better, but I feel the world is less peaceful or at least America is not at peace.

 Dawns Christmas
by
Mollie Lyon


I'm not having a Martha Christmas time.
But I'm not much of a Mary either.
I'm reminded on a Sunday
-Emmanuel-
God with us, me.
It came upon a Midnight Clear-
the angels I need to hear
In the dark, the plains, the sadness of the earth,
I hear the angels sing.
I'm coming back to the heart of Christmas
I'm sorry for the thing we've made of it.
It's all about You, Jesus.
I feel stripped of all the trappings, the fussing,
the gatherings, the family,
Gone to heaven or far away.
It's down to Jesus.

Dawns Christmas Morn
A Savior is born.
A relief, a breath.
Quiet.
It's done.
Put that pesky John 7:7 away.
A Baby is born today.
The world loves the Babe.
John 7:7 come another day.
Today is peace.
Today is still.
Today the Savior lives in a manger.
                                                                where He  poses no danger.

Tomorrow the trees go down.
Tomorrow we go back to the world
But today, today, we worship
the Lord
The Savior in the manger
Brings peace for a day and
poses no danger.

 New Living Translation
The world can't hate you, but it does hate me because I accuse it of doing evil.

No comments: