Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Team Teddy Tuesday

Lap top problems and preparing for vacation left little time for research or new ideas for this page. Two weeks ago, I took the online course required for all license personnel in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Many ideas gleamed from that, but I hadn't taken the time to form a post.
Even with my job focused mostly with the elderly, I am a mandated reporter. We commented about this at a family dinner, since Jerry Sandusky could have received clearances before the accusations. We need a spirit of discernment. Listen to  our gut feelings. The message I received from the online course tells me to report anything out of the ordinary.
The number for Pennsylvania is 1-800-932-0313. Non-licensed people are considered passive reporters. I am assured reporting is anonymous. I pray I never have to find out.
I also attended band concerts the last few weeks. I want to encourage us to pray for our music teachers. Music saves lives of so many children. Singing, playing an instrument, and performing in plays carried many children and teens through rough times. One mother credited it for saving a son from suicide as the parents went through a messy divorce.
Today is two fold. Continue to pray for discernment and report any suspicions.  Also to pray for those teaching our children, especially those in the arts. The emotional hurts rise to the surface as they feel vulnerable with music, but this can also soothe their souls. Don't forget the children. Support the arts as you can. Pray teachers will notice problems. Pray also for their integrity.


No comments: