Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Gut Instinct Validated

http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/my-health-story/nfl-cheerleader-breast-cancer-survivor-fights-pink-washing/?pos=4&xid=nl_EverydayHealthHealthyLiving_20150821
In my initial feeling stated in That Bastard Cancer http://missmolliesmusings.blogspot.com/2011/09/cancer-awareness-or-that-bastard-cancer.html, some ways of raising cancer awareness does nothing for the cause. October is one of those months. As it looms on the horizon, I will probably re-post this in that month.
We need to be aware of how we are manipulated. Relay for Life helps the victims of cancer- all cancer. I have a sneaking suspicion that the medical community does not want a cure because, Cancer makes money. Even when I worked home health, the hospice aspect of our company scoured the diagnosis of new home health admissions for a cancer one so they could be on the case. Why? Hospice is covered totally by Medicare and it makes money for the company. I'm not putting down Hospice, it is a wonderful service that is needed, but some days it felt like morbid obsession for a cancer diagnosis.
I hope I'm screaming in your ear- Show me the money. Show me the results. Don't be manipulated by pink or any color, ribbons or sexual innuendo on Facebook. I will put my money where my words are. And as always pray for a cure.

No comments: